Monday, April 17, 2006

Will A Man Ever Ask This?


I had someone ask me recently, if I could just share my thoughts, right outload, nothing to lose, what wouls I say I wanted in a relationship/mate? I am afraid that my list would consist of things I know I don't want learned from relationships past. I have a new life and a new relationship based on Christ's love for me ... what would my list look like now? Everytime I hear this song I think, "Will a man ever say that about me?" That I would want.


Well you know it's not the first time
And it will not be the last
When You find me here on my knees
Praying for the storm to pass
But what I am really needing

Is much more than just relief
I am crying out for wisdom
Only You can give to me
Cause it's such a mystery
I'm a clueless man When it comes To knowing how to love a woman
How do I love her?

How do I let her know she means more than anything to me?
How do I love her?
Out of all the gifts You've given

Besides the very gift of life
There is none as precious to me
As the treasure of my wife
And still all the love in my heart

Is like a raindrop to the sea
When compared to Your love for her
And thats why I ask You please
Will You teach me what she needs
I'm a earnest man When it comes To learning how to love this woman
Well I know it's gonna to take a lifetime

To answer this prayer I pray
But that's okay Cause I've given You and her my lifetime anyway
Won't you tell me, tell me please

Stephen Curtis Chapman

No comments: