Friday, January 27, 2006

He speaks through friends and poems

If you read my entry posted earlier today, you will see how uncanny this is. My dear Friend and other spritual energy and support was up in the early hours of the morning too and she was writting. Janis woke with a poem on her heart, got up, typed it out and brought it to me. Janis, I hope you do not mind but it is too beautiful not to share and He spoke clearly to you about me.

Be still and know that I am God
That's what the Bible says
And yet what time do we have
We work, we play, we plan
We rush around as if our lives
Are measured by our deeds
And that success is not complete
Until at all we succeed
When will we tryly realize
Our lives are measured by our step
The steps to God not other things
Is what will make success
We do not have the time we say
To be still and know He's God
And yet so many other things
Can take that time away
He wakes us in the nighttime
He speaks through a friend
And yet we rush, we plan, conceive
Our lives no thought of Him
Be still and know that I am God
That's what the Bible says
So now's our time to listen
To what He's saying deep within
Those wounds so deep they fester
Those hurts we hold on to
He wants to cleanse, He wants to dress
Put salve and heal anew
"Don't touch!" we cry as children
"It hurts - leave it alone"
His patience is amazing
As He loves us through the pain
He does not want our hearts to rot
But to be new again
Be still and know that I am God
Lord help me now I pray
For it is you I truly want
To lead me through this day
I cannot make it all alone
But as I walk with you
I know you will bring others
To help me make it through
Be still and know that I am God
That is the way to start
To tryly stop and listen
To heal my broken heart
So bring your salve for healing
Bring oinment for my soul
Open eyes to see you
As you cleanse me deep within
The pain that I have suffered
Will lead me to the path
That you have always seen for me
A healing that will last
Be still and know that I am God
That what I choose today
For you are all I truly need
All else will fade away
By Janis Crane
January 27, 2006

No comments: