Thursday, December 29, 2005

And the Pajamas came off!




Enough of the sitting around contemplating what is, was or could have been.... Time for the pajamas to come off and the day to begin. It also helped that I had somewhere I had to be today and shirt and shoes were required.

I am a Guardian ad Litem, GAL, court appointed advocate for abused and neglected children and I had to do a home visit for a child that was being moved from a group home to a foster home today. What a wonderful situation this change is going to be for her. I know she can not see it and just wants what she has always known (going to what she considers "home") but this situation will be so wonderful for her. I should take my own advise!

I also went and registered for two classes today, paid the tuition and got ready to move on in 2006. It will be a good situation for me too. Change is something I am used to. Being single is not what I am used to or wanted to be, but what a wonderful situation this change is going to be for me! Going to school is something I am used to and love doing. It felt so good and so right being on campus today getting things set. I get to go back and meet with financail aid tomorrow. Hey, another reason to get out of the pajamas.

And as I sit here, tonight, writing with my little girl curled up beside me, periodically putting lip gloss on me, I know I have the better part of life in my heart and my house. Especially when having Strawberry cupcake Lipsmacker applied by such a joy of a child!

Enjoy the PJ Days but make life interactive and productive when the Pajamas come off! It will be a wonderful situation that change can bring!