Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Maybe Third Times the Charm?

It is an old cliche saying, "Third Times the Charm" and I am hoping it will ring true but I am not looking. The first time I married was for commonality and it was time. I graduated from college, worked for a year or two and the next step was marriage. The second time I married was for passion, chemistry, and pain. I chose to live in those situations. I chose those people. What the relationships have in common, other then both ending in divorce, is that I chose and that neither was bound by God. Yes, we got married by ministers in a religious ceremony but neither were supported by faith, grounded in belief, or lived in the word. I have a healthier outlook on relationships and marriage now. I respect the vows that are said, the need for acceptance, patience, communication etc. And with that, I know that I should put this choice in God's hands. He is the father of my family and the husband of my heart now and one day when I am ready, He will choose for me. I know i have said this before. But I was searching for something online today, to send to a friend of mine that I have not heard from in a couple of days and ran into this poem. He is reminding me to be patient, wait, heal and know that He knows what is best for me. I just have to believe.

...Then a soft voice was heard
from all around herand inside her...
"My, child. When you thought it was a man you needed

I let you choose a man.
But he took your gift, and put it on a shelf
To wither
To die.
When you thought it was a lover you needed
You chose a lover
Who simply used your gift as a stepping stool
to reach over the walls in his life which he despised.
No, it is not a man you need,
for a man cannot understand your heart.
And it is not a lover you need.
A lover is like a firefly,
lighting your life for a moment,
then leaving you to deal with the darkness
Until it flashes again.
So I have taken it into my own hands
and shown you what you truly need.
He is not just a man, though a man he is.
He is not just a lover, though a lover he is.
He is the man I have given you forever..
He is your soulmate"
Rich Reith

Eerie isn't it sometimes how words of others match our life? Gee Connie didn't you just find yourself in a book you were reading? *silly grins* But actually, marriage #1 I became a possession. Marriage #2 well if you know me or have read any of this blog, you know how that one went. But Life is Good now and I know it will continue to be with grace and mercy.

No comments: